Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pinterest Attempt

Last night, I attempted to make a recipe that I found on Pinterest for Pesto & Cheese Stuffed Baked Chicken. For an inexperienced chef like myself... this was quite a recipe to tackle!!

Some troubles I had:
1) Finding a utensil to pound the chicken with... I ended up using the bottom of a metal measuring cup! Haha!!
2) Getting it rolled up right. I feel like this was partially due to my pounding job. I think if it had gotten a little thinner this would have been easier -- and it definitely got easier as I went!
3) Covering it in egg & flour with toothpicks sticking out everywhere!! -- But really... How are you supposed to roll something that has stuff sticking out??? I ended up pouring the egg coating and patting on the flour.


Some things I would do next time:
1) Put a good coating of the stuffing on the outside of the chicken as well. I did this a little with some of the extra I had, and it turned out great!
2) Cook something else to go with it... the rice was not my favorite.

Here's what my recipe turned out like:
All & all it turned out delicious! I would definitely make this again!
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment